[vip_students] Re: USB cable

  • From: "Eleanor Burke" <eleanorburke@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: vip_students@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 14 Apr 2010 22:52:31 +0100

Definitely Jackie. Sounds like Bangles is wired up! I do hope you can get a
replacement cable OK. Let us know if you continue experience further problems
as someone might have a cable they could send to you.
Eleanor
From: "Eleanor Burke" <eleanorburke@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 14/04/2010 8:15 pm

Jackie you will be luckey if Vodafone supply you with a new lead. You may have
to go to a phone shop and buy a new cable. Of course I think you have a new
phone so if it is the phone that has the problem they may replace it. Do let us
know the outcome.
From: "Eleanor Burke" <eleanorburke@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 14/04/2010 7:10 pm

What type of phone do you have Jackie? Have you another computer to try on? It
may be that for some reason you are having incompatibility y issues. You could
always try a soft restart on your phone. A hard reset would possibly mean you
losing data.
From: "Eleanor Burke" <eleanorburke@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 14/04/2010 6:05 pm

Not Albert. When you choose data transfer you should hear the ping sound from
the computer just as when you might plug in another USB device. If not after
about a minute perhaps you would try a different USB postport. You can look in
My Computer then. If there is some files on your mass storage or memory card
with Windows XP the device generally wants to open or play or whatever. It
should come up automatically on your computer in a similar way to any mass
storage device you plug in. Remember in My Computer it may show up as removable
drive or if you have a memory card which you have given a name, e.g. jackie,
then you might see the name instead. You just do a copy of the files on your
computer and paste them on the mass storage of your phone.
From Eleanor and Neela in Dublin where the sun is shining but cold!