[vip_students] Re: Tactile or Braille Timer

  • From: "John Lynch" <johnlynch7@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <vip_students@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 21 Dec 2011 12:27:42 -0000

Hello Eleanor,

I have a wee thingamabob here now and would nearly say it's what you're after
alright now, aye.  Never used it as couldn't find any suitable connections, but
it was sent to me by a guy who received it from a London borough council or
some such local authority.

The device was issued as a central heaing timer and needed to be wired (by an
electrician) to the boiler, hence my not pursuing the matter further since I
got it.  There are tactile markings on a dial, four things that feel like large
watch hands, a round and oval knob and nine square holes at the back,
presumably for connecting purposes.

If you think this is what you have in mind, contact me off list with your
address, I'll have it sent today and see if it arrives this side of the silly
season.  How does that sound?  And of course, couldn't let the occasion pass
without entering into the spirit of things:

Merry Christmas to one and all,

John L