[vip_students] Re: Skype: Creating and adding a new group!

You will have us all talking Paul! *smile*.

Eleanor
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Paul J. Traynor (NCBI)
  To: vip_students@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  Sent: Tuesday, March 09, 2010 2:16 PM
  Subject: [vip_students] Skype: Creating and adding a new group!

  In the past I used to sometimes have what Skype once called conference calls.
This basically was a group of people which I picked out and  then  pulled into
a group/conference call. It was a nice way for people to get in touch with
other people they may not have known before or maybe just a group of friends
talking together. Here I am going to write about creating "groups" which is the
new name for a conference call.

  I am using Skype 4.x here for anyone who is interested.

  1.       Open up Skype from the icon on the desktop.

  2.       When Skype opens up, press keys "control + 1" to bring into view the
contacts list.

  3.       Press keys, "alt + C" to open up the contacts menu and down arrow
once to "new group".

  4.       Now as a starting point within Skype, using the tab key start
tabbing across from the contacts list till you come to the link that says, "Add
contacts".

  Note: If you tab about seven times from the contacts list you will be on the
link we require.

  5.       When on "add contacts", press the spacebar once. This will bring up
your list of existing contacts which will include both people who are on-line
or off-line. Also if you press tab key once you will be on a select button.

  6.       Now to add people to the group, just arrow down through your list of
contacts and each time you come to a person you want to add into your new
group, just tab once to the "select button" and press the spacebar.

  Note: each time you press the spacebar on the select button, your focus will
be returned to the contacts list where you can now arrow down to another
potential new member for your groups contact.

  7.       Once you are happy that you have added all the people you want into
your group, from the list of names, tab over about four times and you will be
in a new list which contains all the members you have selected for your group.
Here you can arrow up or down through them to see just who you have and if you
should wish to remove anyone then arrow to that person's name and by tabbing
once you will be on a "remove button". Press the spacebar to remove the person.

  8.       Now that you have reviewed your list for the group and are satisfied
all is as you would like it, press the tab key till you come to the "Add
button" and press the spacebar.

  9.       Once you have pressed the spacebar on the add button, you will be
returned to the main Skype screen. Here I want you to press the keys "control +
1" to bring up the focus of the main contacts list as this I use as our main
starting point.

  10 Now tab about six times to reach the link, "add group to contacts" and
press spacebar. Once you do this, you may hear jaws say out the names of people
you have added into it, just ignore this and instead, type in a user friendly
name for your group, you can call it anything you like.

   After you have typed in the name, press enter and your new group will be
created and added into the contacts list.

  National Council for the Blind of Ireland (NCBI) is a company
  limited by guarantee (registered in Ireland No. 26293) .
  Our registered office is at Whitworth Road, Drumcondra, Dublin 9.
  NCBI is also a registered Charity (chy4626).

  is confidential and may be privileged. If you are not the intended

  by its staff are free from viruses or other contaminants. However,
  transmitted. We therefore recommend you scan all attachments.