[vip_students] Skype: Creating and adding a new group!

  • From: "Paul J. Traynor (NCBI)" <paul.traynor@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <vip_students@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 9 Mar 2010 14:16:07 -0000

In the past I used to sometimes have what Skype once called conference
calls. This basically was a group of people which I picked out and  then
pulled into a group/conference call. It was a nice way for people to get in
touch with other people they may not have known before or maybe just a group
of friends talking together. Here I am going to write about creating
"groups" which is the new name for a conference call.

I am using Skype 4.x here for anyone who is interested.

1.       Open up Skype from the icon on the desktop.

2.       When Skype opens up, press keys "control + 1" to bring into view
the contacts list.

3.       Press keys, "alt + C" to open up the contacts menu and down arrow
once to "new group".

4.       Now as a starting point within Skype, using the tab key start
tabbing across from the contacts list till you come to the link that says,
"Add contacts".

Note: If you tab about seven times from the contacts list you will be on the
link we require.

5.       When on "add contacts", press the spacebar once. This will bring up
your list of existing contacts which will include both people who are
on-line or off-line. Also if you press tab key once you will be on a select
button.

6.       Now to add people to the group, just arrow down through your list
of contacts and each time you come to a person you want to add into your new
group, just tab once to the "select button" and press the spacebar.

Note: each time you press the spacebar on the select button, your focus will
be returned to the contacts list where you can now arrow down to another
potential new member for your groups contact.

7.       Once you are happy that you have added all the people you want into
your group, from the list of names, tab over about four times and you will
be in a new list which contains all the members you have selected for your
group. Here you can arrow up or down through them to see just who you have
and if you should wish to remove anyone then arrow to that person's name and
by tabbing once you will be on a "remove button". Press the spacebar to
remove the person.

8.       Now that you have reviewed your list for the group and are
satisfied all is as you would like it, press the tab key till you come to
the "Add button" and press the spacebar.

9.       Once you have pressed the spacebar on the add button, you will be
returned to the main Skype screen. Here I want you to press the keys
"control + 1" to bring up the focus of the main contacts list as this I use
as our main starting point.

10 Now tab about six times to reach the link, "add group to contacts" and
press spacebar. Once you do this, you may hear jaws say out the names of
people you have added into it, just ignore this and instead, type in a user
friendly name for your group, you can call it anything you like.

 After you have typed in the name, press enter and your new group will be
created and added into the contacts list.

  _____

.

National Council for the Blind of Ireland (NCBI) is a company
limited by guarantee (registered in Ireland No. 26293) .
Our registered office is at Whitworth Road, Drumcondra, Dublin 9.
NCBI is also a registered Charity (chy4626).