[vip_students] Re: RTE Player

  • From: "tony sweeney" <deirton711@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <vip_students@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 7 Jul 2011 16:57:33 +0100

Eleanor, you misunderstand me!

You are in London I'm in ROI!

Let's leave it at that then.

Thank you!
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Eleanor Burke
  To: vip_students@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  Sent: Thursday, July 07, 2011 4:42 PM
  Subject: [vip_students] Re: RTE Player

  Tony I am somewhat puzzled by some of our questions. It was yourself who
alerted me to the RTE Player in the past week or so.  You spoke highly of it
and complimented those who were working on its design and accessability.  I do
not use JAWS so cannot speak of its accessability, however doubtless there are
those on the list who may even be using it in Ireland to catch up on programmes
they have missed and may be able to let you know about accessability.  I use
Supernova and at present am relying on magnifjication to navigate it.
Certainly the BBC  have an iPlayer not accessable to screen readers such as
JAWS users, though accessable to me with my magnification.  I have not spent
time looking around at everything as yet but I had no difficulty in locating
Prime Time for example through the A-Z and clicking on P and then choosing
Prime Time from the listings that start with the letter P.  Once up it was
excellent, sound and picture just fine and on full screen when I maxamised the
screen.