[vip_students] Re: Problems with Laptop

  • From: "NCBI Support" <support@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <vip_students@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 12 Aug 2012 12:54:36 +0100

Hi Eleanor,
 When you mention the side bar are you talking about the "Windows 7
Sidebar"?. If so the use keys, "Winkey + Spacebar" to get focus of the
sidebar. Next either right click on it with the mouse and choose properties
or alternatively use the application key and choose properties. In here
uncheck the checkbox that says something like "Start side bar when windows
starts".
OK it then and restart the laptop to see if it is still there or not.