[vip_students] Outlook and using notes!

  • From: "Paul Traynor" <paul.traynor@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <vip_students@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 22 Jun 2007 10:18:12 +0100

Notes in outlook is a very good little feature for helping to jot down
important details such as phone numbers, addresses and other kinds of
information that you might need to write up in a hurry. If you would like to
use notes, here are some  tips for configuring this feature so you get the
best results from it.

1. To go to the notes section, use keys "control + Y" and then arrow up or
down to notes or press the letter "N".

2. While in notes screen it will look a little muddled  to jaws or window
eyes users so we need to go into the view menu with keys, "alt + V".

3. While in the views menu, go into the " Current view" section with the
right arrow key.

4. Arrow down to the option called, "Notes List " and hit the enter key.

5. Once again go into the "views menu" and this time arrow down to where it
might say something like "show auto preview" and if this option exists and
is checked then hit the enter key on it to uncheck it. If it isn't there
then don't worry about it.

6. While in the notes list, use keys, "left alt + spacebar" to open the
context menu then down arrow to maximise and hit enter. This action should
be done when in any application.

7. Now we are ready to try out creating a note, use keys, "control + letter
N" to bring up a new note.

8. Be aware that when this new note comes up with the keys mentioned above
it will be minimised so we need to maximise it. Just press the left alt key
once and then on its own press the down arrow to maximise and hit enter.
For some reason the normal  way to open this context menu using keys alt +
spacebar doesn't work within a note screen so be sure to do it the way I
described previously.

9. After you have maxed your note and also be aware that you only need to do
this one while writing up your notes. Any future note you open up should be
also maximised.

10. Now you can begin writing up all those important details that you need
too such as phone numbers and so on.

Good luck using the notes feature.