[vip_students] On-line shopping: Basic instructions for purchasing flight tickets!

  • From: "Paul Traynor (NCBI)" <paul.traynor@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <vip_students@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 4 Aug 2010 12:27:48 +0100

Hi All,

Below I have drawn up  my experiences on working through the Ryan Air booking
facility. It was pretty much simple enough and I have written down all the
various steps that you may go through when purchasing a ticket on this site. By
no means is this an exhaustive set of instructions but should be enough for
many of you who are eager enough to give it a try.

*disclaimer*

In no way have I been influenced by Michael O’Leary in the making of these
instructions nor have I received any financial gain by promoting Ryan Air on
this list. *smiles*

[Booking Flights On Ryan Air]

1. Go to the web site address of: www.ryanair.com

2. Look for the link: "book cheap flights" and press enter.

3. Once we move into this page we have the following form elements to deal with:

*. Radio buttons.

*. combo boxes.

4. In order to understand and work through the forms page correctly, we will
begin by going

to the top of this booking page. Use keys, "control + home" to go to the top.

5. Now press the letter "R" to move onto a list containing two radio buttons
named as

follows:

*. Round trip radio button checked.

*. One way radio button not checked.

Notes: for our purpose we will most likely leave the round trip radio button
checked as it

is by default. On some occasions one might use the one way radio button but
generally it

will be the default of round trip.

6. Press the down arrow to another group of two combo boxes which have the
following names:

*. origin.

*. Destination.

When you move down arrow into the first combo box, jaws if it is a modern
version of the

product will automatically drop into forms mode and you can then begin to
choose your

current location. If it’s an older version of the jaws product then when you
arrow down onto

the first combo box, you may have to press enter on it to enter jaws into forms
mode which

is a way that jaws has of allowing you to either select text from a list or
combo box in

this case or type text into an edit field.

Notes: On the first of the two combo boxes, we are asked where we are
currently?. for this I

 will use my keys, "left alt + down arrow once to open up the combo box,
followed by just

down arrow to choose the country, city where I am.

Here I am going to choose Dublin as my starting position.

7. Pressing the tab key once after we have made this selection will drop us
into the next

combo box which asks us where our destination is?. Again I will use left alt +
down arrow to

first open up the combo box list followed by just down arrow to continue
arrowing through it

till I find the place of my destination. for this I will choose Glasgow.

(Choosing our trip dates)

On the next section if we press the tab keys again we have a couple of new
combo boxes.

These boxes determine the day and month we are  leaving on our trip and
returning home

again.

8. After having selected our destination we tab key again and are dropped into
the day combo

box. Here we will again use the same techniques as above with the alt + arrow
keys and

choose our departure day/date. for this I am going to choose "6th". Tabbing
once more I am

now in the month combo box, here I choose "August"

If I tab once more I have a link to a calendar which I will skip past and tab
once more to a

checkbox which asks the question, are my dates flexible? checkbox not checked.
If I am

happy that my dates are flexible then I can go ahead and check this box, if I
am on a

business trip or just have to be in a place at the correct date and time then I
will leave

this box unchecked.

[Status and number of passengers)

In this section I am asked about the number of people flying out and how many
are adults and

children.

9. After finishing off entering my preferred dates I now tab to a new set of
combo boxes

where the first box asks for the number of adults. for this one I set it to
just one.

The next combo box I tab too asks for the number of children under 16 years so
I make my

choice and say "0".

The next box asks how many infants under 2 years of age, again I arrow to "0"

10 Finally when I tab again I am asked to confirm that I have read and accept
the Ryan Air

agreement and check it with the spacebar.

11. Pressing the tab key twice after this brings me to a button where I can now
press the

spacebar on and it will check if I can find the  flights I want for the
information I have

punched in.

Going Out From Dublin - Glasgow (Prestwick)

(Results of my detailed requirements)

Below I have cut down the results page that came up after I  entered on the
search flights

and give you only what I was interested in for my travel needs.

I moved down through each of the returned results and picked out the out-going
and

returning-home flights I was I wanted by selecting the  "radio button"
appropriate for that

 flight using my spacebar.

12. Once I had made my choices I then  tabbed down to the "select and continue"
link and

pressed enter key.

(Passenger Details)

On the next page that comes up we are asked to enter details about the
passengers who intend

to go on these flights. Details such as their names and so on is required.

1. When the page opens up, press letter "H" to move to the first and only
heading on this

page.

Note: This is a jaws command and by pressing letter "H" will jump you to any
available

headings on a given web page.

2. Now press the tab key to begin filling out this portion of the on-line form.
The first is

a "combo box" and here we enter the "Title", Mr. Mrs, Miss, using the arrow
keys to select.

3. Tab again and here we enter into an "edit box" our first name, tab again to
another "edit

box" and now type in our last name.

3. Press tab key to a "combo box" where we choose how many bags we have, use
arrow keys to

up and down to select.

Note: If we choose a 1 or more bags here and then tab to the next box, we will
see that the

next box informs us about what  it will cost us in Euros

4. Tabbing again is a set of two "radio buttons" and a label telling us, beat
the cues and

by priority boarding, "yes or no". Just use your arrow keys to move between
these two radio

buttons and choose either yes or no.

Note: If you purchase priority boarding then it can cost you around 8 Euros as
you will

notice once you tab along to the next "read only box".

5. Tabbing along you will come to country of residence "combo box". Here you
select the

country you come from, in my case I selected Ireland.

(Text message notification)

In the next few boxes we encounter  we are asked to choose to have a text
message sent to

our phones.

1. The next "yes, No radio buttons" you come to  are asking you if you'd like
to have a text

message sent to your mobile, choose whichever you like at this point. Use the
arrow keys

followed by the spacebar to  make your decision.

Note: Your mobile phone number will be entered on the following page and will
only be used to

send important flight information.

2. The next "Yes or No set of radio buttons" you encounter ask if you'd like to
purchase a

Ryan Air approved  travel bag. Make your choice using arrow keys followed by
the spacebar.

3. Tabbing along you will come to a single "checkbox" which will be unchecked.
Checking this

box indicates to the Ryan Air people that either you or someone else travelling
with you

intend to carry sports equipment or musical instruments. Make your decision by
checking with

the spacebar for yes you or they are carrying some such equipment or leave
unchecked if no

one is carrying such equipment.

4. When you come to another checkbox, this one is for those who wish to have
special

assistance. Check this box if you or someone else in your party needs this
assistance.

Note: there is a notice to be observed while you consider this option:

"Please check box to reserve special assistance at the airport for members of
your party.

Failure to prebook special assistance may result in the service be"

5. The last "checkbox" you come to must be checked as it is your agreement that
you have

read the Ryan Air terms and conditions, use the spacebar.

6. Now we are on to a review page where we check out our information.

Contact Details

1. * TitleDoctorMrMrsMs

Note: Here use the arrow keys to select your title.

2. Please select a Country (Combo box)

Note: Use tab key to jump into this box and then use arrow keys to select the
country you are

from.

3. Lead Passenger Number *(Edit box)

There are two boxes here, one for an area code and one for the main number.

4. Mobile Phone Number *

Enter mobile number for SMS confirmation* indicates required fields

Note: Just type in your mobile number here.

5. Retain details for my next visit. (info...) (Checkbox, unchecked)

Notes: Check this box if you want a record of your details kept so that you
don't have to

input them again in the future.

6. Billing Address

Use my contact address.(Checkbox, Unchecked)

Notes: Using your contact address from the earlier  details you entered will
save you having

to type them in here again. Check the checkbox to make this the default.

7. Subscribe! (Checkbox, Unchecked)

Notes: Please check this box if you wish to be added to Ryan air’s subscriber
list.

"Subscribers will receive information from Ryan air and our partners and can
unsubscribe at

any time."

Payment Details

Payment – Ryan air Vouchers  (View Gift Voucher Terms)xImportant!Vouchers are
non-

refundable. There is a €5/£5 (or local currency equivalent) administration fee
for processing

(the purchase of gift vouchers.)

Payment

1. Ryan Air Notice: Your debit/credit card will be debited the following
amount(s):

Currency Conversion Offer We recommend you do not untick the checkbox so that
you receive our

guaranteed exchange rate: (Checkbox checked)

2.  As you tab through the fields the next one you come to in the payment
section is the

choice of payment methods. Use the arrow keys to arrow up or down to choose
which way you

want to pay for your seat on the flight.

Card/Payment type - More Information Please select...Ryan air

*. MastercardRyanair

*. 3V Visa

*. Prepaid Vouchers

*. Visa Connect

*. Debit / DeltaLaser

*. Master Card

*. MasterCard Prepaid

*. Visa Electron

*. Visa

3. Now pressing tab will place you in the card holders name edit box if you are
using a card

such as a master card for example. Note that it may be different if you are
using some other

type of payment method.

*. Cardholder name (Edit box)

*. Name of Account holder (Edit box)

*. Card or Account number (Edit box)

*. Expiry date (Combo box)

*. CVV Number(Edit box)

Note: this is the 3 digit number of your credit card, visa or master card. It
may be

different for other card types.

*. Start Date (Combo box) Use arrow keys to scroll through this list.

*. Issue Number (Edit box)

Going Out:  06/08/2010 08:45hrs

Dublin - Glasgow (Prestwick)

1 x Adult 29.99 EUR

Taxes/Fees  30.48 EUR

» Taxes and Fees 23.99 EUR

» Aviation Insurance/PRM Levy 6.49 EUR

1 x Web Check in 5.00 EUR

Coming Back:  16/08/2010 21:30hrs

Glasgow (Prestwick) - Dublin

1 x Adult 19.99 EUR

Taxes/Fees  33.28 EUR

» Taxes and Fees 26.79 EUR

» Aviation Insurance/PRM Levy 6.49 EUR

1 x Web Check in 5.00 EUR

Travel Extras

Going Out:

1 x 1st Checked Bag (15kg) 20.00 EUR

1 x Priority Boarding 4.00 EUR

Coming Back:

1 x 1st Checked Bag (15kg) 20.00 EUR

1 x Priority Boarding 4.00 EUR

SMS confirmation 1.00 EUR

Travel Insurance

1 pax 11 Days 17.00 EUR

Total

Total Cost 189.74 EUR

Excluding administration fee (if applicable)

Finally, press on the  purchase button and if all the details are correct then
you are

through the system and have made your purchase.

  _____

I am using the Free version of SPAMfighter <http://www.spamfighter.com/len> .

Try free scan!

National Council for the Blind of Ireland (NCBI) is a company
limited by guarantee (registered in Ireland No. 26293) .
Our registered office is at Whitworth Road, Drumcondra, Dublin 9.
NCBI is also a registered Charity (chy4626).