[vip_students] Moderator: List business!

  • From: "Paul Traynor" <paul.traynor@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <vip_students@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 5 Aug 2008 08:48:47 +0100

Hi All,

It was nice to see the list so busy over the weekend. The bank holiday
didn't  distract you from the work at hand. I would like to just bring up a
few issues here for clarification.

We had Raheme advertise a phone which a contact of his  had advised him was
for sale at what seemed like a good price and as I know Raheme I would
certainly trust his judgment in putting this deal forward to the list. It is
okay to forward this kind of notice to the list provided that the
information is correct and not mis-leading.

I  also looked over Noreen's  request for help with the RTE site. Once again
the list deals with  issues of a learning nature and what she asked for was
help with trying to work over the site. However it was evident that  there
was a noticeable  opportunity taken for to knock an organization for not
making the site better. Noreen's request was a genuine one and I know not
meant in any other way but simply to enlist help but it was the quality of
the replies that  came into question.

On the issue of Braille, Tony, while this forum is for anything to do with
accessibility in a learning context including braille, it is not here for a
chance to have a go  at anyone or any business or organization.  please take
this to another list. Unless it is a tutorial or some other form of learning
material then I won't  have this list abused as a crusading ground. You talk
about starting a new list concerning Braille, please go ahead and do it and
I wish you every success with it.

Also list could I say that Any kind of remarks toward  people on the list
either they be employees of an organization or neutral will not be
acceptable either.

I have said it before and will say it again for anyone who might feel
uncomfortable with my  running of the list, I have told you that as far as
this list is concerned I am working on it independently and not as an
employee of the NCBI. I try to keep it this way if possible as it is more
relaxed and informal.

Paul.

  _____

It has removed 4783 spam emails to date.
Try SPAMfighter <http://www.spamfighter.com/len>  for free now!