[vip_students] Re: Markers again!

  • From: "NCBI Technical Support" <paul.traynor@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <vip_students@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 16 May 2007 18:33:55 +0100

Hi Tony,

Sorry I should have mentioned that whenever you go back into your document
to resume reading where you placed your marker that you will be at the top
of the doucment. When  you have opened up the document, press keys; "control
+ F" to launch the find dialogue box. Now type into it your marker which is;
*.*  of course and press the enter key. This will then take you to where you
placed the marker. Now hit "escape key" a couple of times and you will be
right on the position of that marker. An extra little trick to remember is
that whenever you have saved a file in word and say you happen to be on
"page 250" of a particular document, if you press the keys "shift + F5" word
will jump you to that same spot the next time you open up the document. That
is that if you saved a word document last week at say "page 50" and you open
it up again tomorrow then use the keys "shift + F5" to go directly to the
location you were at last week when the file was saved.

Cheers,

Paul.

  _____