[vip_students] Re: Internet History

  • From: "Paul Traynor" <paul.traynor@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <vip_students@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 22 Jun 2007 16:34:10 +0100

Hi Susan,

Your internet history is a collection of web sites you have visited over the
past few weeks. It is sometimes called "Internet cache". When you a program
like C-Cleaner or even windows own Disk Cleanup program, you delete this
history. What you might use it for would be say for example, I visited a web
site two or three days ago. It had some useful information on it that I
could not get anywhere else so I desperately needed to find that site again.
I could go into my internet history and locate this web page as it is stored
on my computers hard drive where I could access it in just such an
emergancy. The internet history I think clears itself every 20 days by
default but you can extend this. However, its not wise to allow too much of
the cache to get to big especially if you have limited space on your hard
drive.

Paul.