[vip_students] Re: Google Alerts

  • From: "Paul J. Traynor" <paul.traynor@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <vip_students@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 25 Nov 2007 19:23:10 -0000

Hi Loretta and Tony,

Whenever I get an email asking me to click on the link below I usually copy
that link  and paste the link into the "start menu and run box" then press
the enter key and it works fine.

As for the google toolbar, I usually don't install this item and would
advise anyone who has it on their computer to uninstall it as it tends to
cause more problems than it solves. Go into the start menu, then settings
and then control panel. Now go to Add or remove programs and arrown to the
google toolbar entry. Now tab key over to the remove button and press the
spacebar. Use the tab key to tab through the follow up instructions for
removing this thing and you're done.

Paul.

Your first question:
Now I have an email from Google Alerts with a link to verify and another to
cancel.

Yes Tony as you said just click the verify link with your JAWS cursor.  I
honestly can't remember what came up for me but you will know if it worked
or not when a Google Alert mail comes into your In Box and if not just go
back and try the enter key or clicking it again with the JAWS cursor.  I
know it worked for me and I didn't need anybody to click it with the mouse.

Your Second Question:
What is the procedure for having for example the Google toolbar fill in the
requested email address?

With regards to this I know as little as you about it, so perhaps someone
else might come in here and clear this one up for both of us.

Best wishes

Loretta

I filled in mine by typing it in.

  _____