[vip_students] Re: Eloquence or RealSpeak

  • From: "Flor Lynch" <florlync@xxxxxx>
  • To: <vip_students@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2008 11:03:28 +0100

Hi Tony,

You 'get it'.  'Never assume anything.'

Now, this somewhat helpful JAWS MESSAGE says:  "The SAPI 5 Say All feature
lets JAWS switch between its default
Eloquence synthesized voice to a SAPI 5 voice when the Say All command
(JAWSKey+DOWN ARROW)
is issued.

Select this check box to enable or disable the SAPI 5 Say All feature. Use
the SPACEBAR to toggle between turning the feature on and off."

So, in the JAWS Configuration Manager - Insert-6, ctrl+shift+d for default
configuration manager, Set Options -alt-s, then y for Say All, uncheck the
first mentioned checkbox, if you don't want a SAPI5 voice reading
instead of eloquence or another type synth.

SAPI stands for Speech Application Programming Interface.  basically, any
speech engine that is compatible with this Microsoft standard, will use the
version of this which it sees on your machine, etc.  Want to know more about
SAPI?  Visit  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SAPI - and, in a bit, you will be
directed to where to go, to read more.