[vip_students] Re: Editorial:Don't pay for software you don't need , Partt 1

Hi Brian,

Well I will try and explain:

A *Virus is a program to cause damage to a  computer.

*A Trojan is a program which is used to gain access to a computer by
installing a program on an  infected PC to open some backdoor. [Trojans are
also known as Backdoors].

*A Worm is a program which infects the computers which are connected by some
network. Worms slow down the network.

* Spyware is a program which is used to monitor/Log the activity performed
on a computer. These are used to spy on some one either for legal or illegal
perpose. Example: Keylogger applications and other such entities which steal
credit card info etc.

* Adwares are the programs which delivers ads to your computer (generally in
POP-UP's form). They consume your network till it runs badly.

*Malwares are the program with malicious intention. It can be damaging your
computer, spying on you or any other malicious task.

Basically the above describes the difference between  such items. Hope it
helps.

Paul.

NCBI: Celebrating 80 Years

National Council for the Blind of Ireland (NCBI) is a company
limited by guarantee (registered in Ireland No. 26293) .
Our registered office is at Whitworth Road, Drumcondra, Dublin 9.
NCBI is also a registered Charity (chy4626).