[vip_students] Bank of Ireland launches mobile banking app

-----Original Message-----
From: vicsireland-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:vicsireland-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Joan Ann Brosnan
Bank of Ireland launches mobile banking app

Bank of Ireland launches mobile banking app

Copied from:
http://www.siliconrepublic.com/digital-life/item/27111-bank-of-ireland-launc
hes-mo

From midnight tonight, those who bank with Bank of Ireland will be able to
download a new mobile banking app for the iPhone from the Apple App Store.

According to Bank of Ireland, the new app will deliver high-speed, secure
bank account access to the 500,000 personal customers who have signed up for
its online banking service.

Apparently the app will give users access to online services from Bank of
Ireland, including the facility to view balances and review one's
transaction history. Users of the iPhone app will also be able to transfer
money to the payees and bills registered on their 365 online profiles.

The app will also feature an ATM and branch locator.

Gavin Kelly, head of direct channels at Bank of Ireland, said today the app
will be available for Android users in the coming weeks, while BlackBerry
users will be supported by a touch browser that will be available in the
next few months.

The bank said 16pc of all Bank of Ireland group website visits are currently
from mobile devices.

Carmel Doyle <http://www.siliconrepublic.com/authors/carmel-doyle>
http://www.siliconrepublic.com/img/social/twitter-18.gif
<http://www.twitter.com/carmeldoyle> |
http://www.siliconrepublic.com/img/social/gplus-18.gif
<https://plus.google.com/107018917714918551379> |

Look up our spectacular Euro 2012 competitions on www.give2get.ie
Follow us on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/ncbiworkingforpeoplewithsightloss
Follow us on Twitter: www.twitter.com/ncbi_sightloss

Check-out NCBI's Micheal O Muircheartaigh appeal on the following link.
http://youtu.be/25P2tiuCi0U

National Council for the Blind of Ireland (NCBI) is a company
limited by guarantee (registered in Ireland No. 26293) .
Our registered office is at Whitworth Road, Drumcondra, Dublin 9.
NCBI is also a registered Charity (chy4626).