[vip_students] Re: Avast Virus Chest

  • From: "Paul Mahoney" <pauldmahoney@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <vip_students@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 17 Jan 2009 18:38:52 -0000

Hi tony i know what frank means i was wondering the same. As long as i have been using avast i have never been told i have a virus but when i had a v g it would tell me every now and then i had a virus. I had another virus package for a while which told me on a regular basis i had a virus but it became buy only. you couldn't get a free version of it.

Paul Mahoney
----- Original Message ----- From: "Tony Sweeney" <tonysweeney1@xxxxxxxxxx>
From: "Tony Sweeney" <tonysweeney1@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 17:01:2009 1:36 am

Eleanor,

Nice one, but is it Avast that's telling you?

My name is not doubting Thomas but tony!Yes Tony.
From: "Tony Sweeney" <tonysweeney1@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 17:01:2009 12:49 am

Hi All,

Paul and others just a possible last query for now re Avast!

I have set up my internet security using Avast, Super Antispyware with
windows firewall!

Am I safe, well should be, hopefully!

Now regarding Avast, is there a scan for incoming emails and such which
can
be set up or is that programme for scanning within the computer?

Can it scan incoming or no?

No matter if it doesn't but would like to know!

Have a great weekend all!

Thanks