[vip_committees] Perkins Brailler repair places

  • From: "Susan Frazier" <frazier.tech@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <vip_committees@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 18 Oct 2010 12:56:52 -0400

The following is a list of people who repair Perkins Braille Writers.

This list is provided as a public service. No endorsement is suggested or
implied as regard to quality of service received.

--------

Arizona Brailler Repair Service.

1235 E. Harmot Dr.

Phoenix, AZ 85020

Phone:

602-678-5816

Web:

htp://www.seeitourway.org/mediaCenter/documents/2008BraillerRepairServic

--------

Alan Ackley

Ackley Appliance Service

4301 Park Avenue #540

Des Moines, IA 50321

Phone:

515-288-3931

Web:

http://www.braillerman.com/

--------

All Star Repair

3464 Minnehaha Avenue South,

Minneapolis, MN 55406

Phone:

612-724-4302

Web:

http://www.braillerrepair.com

E-Mail:

alanstomba@xxxxxxx

They have been repairing braillers from the same location for 5 years, working
for state agencies, private foundations and schools as well as individuals.
They have a large parts inventory and complete service literature. Mr. Alan
Stombaugh, owner of All Star Repair, claims that their turn around time is
three working days at a cost of $38 plus parts when shipping is Free Matter.

--------

Atlanta Brailler Repair and Service

Frank Levine

3830 South Cobb Drive

Suite 125

Smyrna, Georgia 30080

Phone:

770-432-7280

Fax:

770-432-5457

E-Mail:

doctorbrailler@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

--------

The Brailler Depot, LLC

Knick Johnson

Phone:

973-272-7667

Web:

http://www.Braillerdepot.com

--------

The Braillery

5 Cumberland Circle

El Paso, TX 79903

Phone:

915-565-0179

Web:

http://www.thebraillery.com/

Provides complete brailler repair service as well as selling reconditioned
braillewriters.

--------

Braillewriter Cleaning and Repair Service

2714 Ruberg Avenue

Cincinnati, Ohio 45211

Phone:

513-481-7662

--------

Dot's Right Brailler Repair

Francis Daniels

Phone:

323-254-9213

For a basic cleaning, lubricating, making sure the dot height is acceptable,
deglazing the rubber roller, I charge $20.00. All work is guaranteed for one
year. If I need to replace parts, I charge for the part. No repair costs go
over $35. I have been working with braillers since 1980, and can repair
regular, uni-braillers, and jumbo braillers (large cell). I can work on the
mechanical parts of electric braillers, but I cannot work on the electronics. I
have worked also on Atkinson braillers, Lavender braillers and most versions of
the Hall.

--------

Garcia Brailler Repair

2309 Ginger Lane

Charlotte, NC 28213

Phone:

980-322-8960

E-Mail:

agt000@xxxxxxxxx

Rates: $35 for any problem plus parts

2 years experience

--------

Wayne Harris

Harris Enterprises

1112 Harrison Ln

Hurst, Tx 76053

Phone:

817-268-6803

E-Mail:

wb5tcd@xxxxxxxxxxx

25 years experience repairing braillewriters.

--------

Kansas Braille Transcription Institute, Inc.

1200 E. Waterman

Wichita, KS 67211

Phone:

316-265-9692

Fax:

316-265-0184

E-Mail:

info@xxxxxxxx

--------

Tim Lehmann - Braille Writer Repair

901 South National

Missouri State University

Hill Hall 401

Springfield, Missouri 65897

Cost starts at $40.00 per Braille writer, excluding parts, which are at cost.
Braille writers, along with a brief explanation of the problem should be mailed
to address above.

--------

Maxi Aids and Appliances for Independent Living

42 Executive Blvd.

P. O. Box 3209

Farmingdale, NY 11735

Phone:

800-522-6294

FAX:

516-752-0689

E-Mail:

sales@xxxxxxxxxxxx

Web:

http://www.maxiaids.com/

--------

Prose- Cons Braille

P. O. Box 2500

14th and Pioneer Boulevards

Lincoln, Nebraska 68542-2500

Phone:

402-471-3161

The cost to clean and oil a brailler is $17.50. Braillers can be mailed Free
Matter; please contact for further repair information and requirements.

--------

The Selective Doctor, Inc.

P. O. Box 28432

Baltimore, Maryland 21234

Phone:

410-668-1143

E-Mail:

braillerrepair@xxxxxxxxx

Web:

www.selectivedoctor.com

"Bring your Brailler back to Life." The Selective Doctor, Inc. was established
in 1992, two months after I retired from IBM Corporation.

Since then we have repaired over 3200 Perkins Braillers in 39 states and am
presently repairing braillers for 7 state blind schools. We have also repaired
braillers from Guam, Puerto Rico and England.

Our normal turn around time is less than 4 days. We charge a flat rate for
labor, plus parts and shipping insurance. (Please call our office for any
additional information.)

--------

Sheldon Support Services, LLC

11624 SE 288th St

Auburn, Wa 98092

Chuck Sheldon, CLS OMA

Phone:

253-486-3540

E-Mail:

c_sheldon@xxxxxxxx

--------

Jerry Sparks

Specialized Electronics

1004 Drexel Drive

Homewood, Al. 35209

E-Mail:

wb4owc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Phone:

205-862-1866

Fax:

205-942-1552

I am the Telesensory Repair Center for Alabama and Mississippi. I repair
Perkins manual and electric brailler's. I repair other brands of brailler's,
Lavender etc., to the extent of parts availability. I repair VersaBraille
systems to the extent of parts availability.

--------

State of California Department of Corrections Brailler Repair Volunteers

of Vacaville P. O. Box 670 Vacaville, CA 95696

Call Officer Grossjan at:

707-449-6500 ext. 2044

or

707-448-6841 ext. 2044

Enclose correspondence with the Perkins Brailler that includes the following
information:

mailing address/telephone billing address, include name and number of
accounting contact person and/or person who can be contacted to authorize the
costs associated with the repairs, requisition number/purchase order number,
type of service requested, name and contact information for individual that
will be using the equipment or is familiar with the equipment. There is a $25
fee associated with the initial inspection and general maintenance of the
equipment. Then, the customer is responsible for the actual cost plus 10
percent parts.

--------

Chuck Whitehead

12388 Marmont Place

Moreno Valley, CA 92557

Phone:

909-242-3750

E-Mail:

Kwhiteh453@xxxxxxx

Repair the Perkins Standard and Jumbo braille machines, full year warranty,
parts are furnished at cost, week turn-around-earlier if an emergency.

--------

Mr. John Wilen

805 North Polk

Papillion, NE 68046-4338

Home Phone:

402-597-3110

Work Phone:

402-291-2362

If you have any questions about the tips posted in Dan's Tech tips, please
contact Dan at the following email address:
dthompson5@xxxxxxxxx

Have a wonderful day! Susan Frazier & Seeing Eye Dog Vanya
email: quellavan@xxxxxxxxx
"As we struggle to make sense of things, life looks on in repose. -Anonymous.