[vip_committees] Fwd: Monday Morning Update

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Monday Morning Update
Date: Sun, 29 Jan 2012 10:29:07 -0500
From: DuBois Chamber of Commerce <dacc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <dacc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

cid:image001.gif@01CA5B91.E577F530

Monday Morning Update Sponsor for January:  Protect Your Retirement Against the Market Roller-Coaster, Call Zappia Insurance Today at 371-4901. Since 1979, *Financial & Retirement Planning * Life  * Accident * Health  *CD Alternatives & Annuities * Disability Income * Medicare Solutions * Long Term Care * Employee Benefits * Critical Illness.   An Insurance Brokerage Working for You - We've Got You Covered.  DuBois (814) 371- 4901, Pittsburgh (412) 770-5519, or 1- 800- 569- 2867; Fax (814) 371-2885

www.zappiainsurance.com

Picture

 This Week:

Congratulations to Johnson Motors, the 2011 Community Cup Recipient -  Also to Brady Street Florist, the Small Business of the Year for 2011!  And our sincerest well wishes to Anthony “Bubs” Suplizio, the JCs Distinguished Person of the Year!

The sponsors and donors that helped make this year’s Business Bash a huge success include: Absolute Settlement Company; American Red Cross, PA Heartland Chapter; Barber Financial; Brady Street Florist; Carol Foltz, Coldwell Banker; Carol Jones, Miche Bag Representative; Carriage House Creations; Clearfield Bank & Trust; Clearfield County Recreation & Tourism; Clearfield/Jefferson Drug & Alcohol Commission; Clearfield/Jefferson MHMR EIN Program; CNB Bank; Coldwell Banker Developac Realty; Domtar; Downtown DuBois Businesses; DuBois Continuum of Care; DuBois Country Club; DuBois Drug & Wellness; DuBois Hampton Inn; DuBois Kiwanis Club; DuBois Mall Businesses; EWEnique; Express Oil Change; Farmers National Bank; Fezell’s Shop ‘n Save; First Commonwealth Bank; Galliker’s; Giant Eagle; Global Fabrication; Helpmates, Inc.; Hoffer Realty; Hopkins Heltzel Law Firm; Johnson Motors; KTH Architects/ Hallstrom Construction; Larson Design Group; Laurel Mountain Vineyard; Linda Weis State Farm Insurance; Luigi’s Ristorante; Martin’s Foods; McLean Publishing; Melissa’s Wicks; Micks Associates; Miller Brothers Furniture; Mountain Laurel Nursing & Rehab; Northwest Savings Bank; Osburn Buick; Paris Companies; Penelec First Energy; Penn State DuBois; Pizza Hut/Wing Street; Red Lobster; Reynolds Financial Advisors; RNI Trucking; Rosie’s Book Shoppe; S&T Bank; Serenity Beauty Spa; Silver Airways; Stoltz Family Dealerships; Sunny 106/WCED Newstalk Radio 1420; Swift Kennedy Group; Timberland Federal Credit Union; TLPOA; Tri County Church; United Electric; Veolia Environmental Services; Way Copy Solutions; Way Office Plus and Winery at Wilcox.  Special thanks to Reynolds Financial Advisors, this year’s Signature Sponsor.  We thank all for your continued support of OUR Chamber and OUR Businesses!

Wine-Tini at the Winery at Wilcox in the DuBois Mall is February 2nd from 6-8PM.  Fun night with local artisans, door prizes and wine tasting.  Dietician Ann Curtis will be on hand for this event.  For more information call 814-375-6885.

DuBois Business College will be hosting the first Open House of 2012 on Saturday, February 4th from 10 am to 2 pm.  Stop by to see what is new at DBC--like our new Cafe' and our new Clinical Lab.  You will be surprised at the education opportunities offered right here in DuBois.   There will be light refreshments and you will get to ask questions of our faculty and staff.  Stop by at One Beaver Drive or call 371-6920 for more information.

The Groundhog Festival is this Saturday, Feb.  4th at Clearfield County Fairgrounds.  Join us from 1-4pm & 5-8:30pm; food is available onsite as we feature wineries from the heart of Pennsylvania.  Live music, wine tasting and so much more!  Advance tickets are available at Laurel Mountain Winery and save you $5.  Advance  $15-at the door $20.

The DuBois Kiwanis Club Diners Coupon Books are going fast!  If you don’t have one yet….they are available at:

                Greater DuBois Chamber of Commerce

Shankel’s Pharmacy

                The Gourmet Kitchen

                Medicine Shoppe Pharmacy

                Curves

Hurry-while supplies last!  Coupons are valid for all of 2012.

Newly Added Today:

Another DuBois Chamber Fact: Let me tell you how many times, as investors in the Chamber,  you took advantage of your Chamber in 2011.  You held 16 ribbon cuttings—each one is an investment of confidence in the future of our area.  You hosted 27 Chamber Mixers and attended 24 Chamber events, including meetings with DCED Secretary Alan Walker, Transportation Secretary Barry Schoch, Senator Joseph Scarnati, and local business owners from the powdered metals and natural gas industries.  250 of you toured EOG’s Marcellus Shale well site.  And every month, 1,848 of you read the Chamber Chatter newsletter!

Our next winter Storytime sessions start this week at the DuBois Public Library on Thursday, February 2, and continues for six weeks. They are a great way to introduce your children to the library and offer them the opportunity to play and learn in the company of other little ones.  There are three age groups:  Two Year Olds: 10:00 - 10:30;  My Three and Me: 11:00 - 11:45;  Four and Fives: 2:00 - 3:00.  The Four and Fives are the only ones who attend without an adult.  Story Hours are FREE and come packed with stories, songs, finger plays, activities, toys, and music in a warm, happy, interactive environment.  If you would like further information please call the children's librarian at 371-5930, Ex. 4.

The perfect Valentine’s Gift – a special night of enjoyment!  Call for ticket information today for the Fat Tuesday Event – WHERE BOURBON ST. MEETS BRADY ST. – on Tuesday, February 21st at Luigi’s Ristorante.  Along with the delightful Mardi Gras Buffet and a complimentary Hurricane (beverage), we shall again share ‘The Mountain of Desserts’ provided by some of the greatest bakers in the area and a wine-tasting for desserts hosted by the Winery at Wilcox.  Tickets are $25 per person (includes buffet, Hurricane, Mountain of Desserts, tax and gratuity).  Please call the Chamber for tickets to this delicious event to help benefit our Student Scholarship Fund.  371-5010 or email us at dacc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx .

Day of Dance at the DuBois Mall will occur on Saturday, February 25th beginning at 11 am.

Monte Carlo to be held at Lakeview Lodge - Saturday, February 25th at 6:30pm in Treasure Lake.  Tickets $40 each - benefits the Free Medical Clinic and the Heart Center at DRMC.  For more information call Carol Foltz  at 590-3398 or JoAnn Zartman at 591-0224

Business Over Breakfast will take place on Thursday, March 8th, 7:30am at the DuBois Diner.  Speaking will be the staff of the Clearfield County Economic Development Corporation.  They are going to cover the CCEDC’s organizational structure & mission, assistance programs that are available to businesses, and our involvement in the Riverfront Project in Clearfield.  Also, updates on recent and new businesses within the area, available space throughout the county for new and existing companies, report from local eyes of Marcellus industry, and much more.  Breakfast buffet is $12.50 in advance or $15 at door; however, we must have reservations.  We want to acknowledge our breakfast series sponsors:  Advanced Business Computing Services, Clearfield Bank & Trust, Clearfield County Area Agency on Aging, Clearfield/Jefferson Drug & Alcohol Commission,  Clearfield County Economic Development Corporation, Coldwell Banker Developac Realty, First Commonwealth Bank, Murrays Ford Lincoln Honda Freightliner, North Central Building & Construction Trades Council, and S & T Bank.

 Next Week:

2012 Entrepreneur Training Series – “Getting the Most out of your Generation Y Workforce”- A great workshop planned for Wednesday, February 8th  beginning at 5pm, Clarion Hotel, DuBois.  To register, call the SBDC toll free at 877-292-1843 or email www.clarion.edu/sbdc/training.  Snacks provided.

The 5th Annual “Lion” Wine & Cheese presented by the DuBois Educational Foundation is scheduled for February 10, 2012! Tickets are only $30. Some of this year’s auction items include a Hines Ward autographed jersey, Ultimate Golf Package, 4 Lexus Club Seats for a Pirates Game, Free carpet cleaning (up to 650sqft), and more! Some of our sponsors are    S & T Bank, Janney Montgomery Scott, McDonald’s of DuBois, Farmers National Bank, Swift Kennedy Insurance,  Timberland Federal Credit Union, & Computer Sound. Brian Thompson of WTAJ will emcee and Pat Errigo will again lead the auction. Call 375-4786 to purchase tickets! If you would like to be a sponsor or donate an item please call 375-4775 or 375-4857!

Coming Soon:

Winee-Women will meet on February 29th at the DuBois Harley Shop from 7-9pm.  The theme is “Sweating’ to the Oldies”- Zumba with Marcela; Juice Plus with Patty Melani.  RSVP to DuBois Mall Wine Shop by Feb. 12th -375-6885 or email news@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx $5 for light snacks.

Clearfield County Career and Technology Center and Timberland FCU are holding a retirement fair for the community. The fair will be at CCCTC on February 16th from 5:30 – 7:00 pm. George Pry from Horace Mann will give a brief presentation about retirement accounts and then the attendees will have a chance to meet with different retirement planners from the area. To learn more or reserve a seat please contact Jordan at the Credit Union at 1-800-477-3889.

Business Succession Planning- A breakfast program sponsored by the Clarion SBDC, Farmers National Bank and the Greater DuBois Chamber on Friday, February 17th from 8:30am-10:30am at the DuBois Diner.  The speaker answering all your questions will be Rich Snebold of the Snebold Family business Partners LLC.  Cost for this valuable event is $15 per person.  Register by calling toll free at 877-292-1843 or online at www.clarion.edu/sbdc/training.

First Step: Starting a Small BusinessFREE Workshop each month January through June 2012 designed to give you a head-start with your business.  Topics that will be covered during each session:  What to consider before starting a business; License and tax information; Regulations governing a business; Guidelines on how to finance your business; How and why to prepare a business plan; Other resources you can use to help you plan and succeed.  Sessions will be held Saturdays at DuBois Best Western from 8:30–noon.  The dates of the workshops are February 18, March 24, April 21, May 19, and June 23, 2012.  To register online www.web.clarion.edu/sbdc/training or call toll free at 877-292-1843.

Watch for these two exciting events honoring our area youth - Junior Scholastic Challenge, March 14 at 6:30 PM in the Hiller Auditorium at Penn State DuBois; and the Senior Scholastic Challenge, March 28 at 6:30 PM in the Hiller Auditorium at Penn State DuBois.

If you know of someone who may wish to receive the Monday Morning Update, please have them email dacc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.

Have a great Chamber Day!

Nancy

Nancy J. Micks, President/CEO

Greater DuBois Chamber of Commerce & Economic Development

P:  814-371-5010     F:  814-371-5005

dacc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

www.duboispachamber.com