[vip_committees] Fwd: Monday Morning Update

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Monday Morning Update
Date: Sun, 27 Nov 2011 10:25:59 -0500
From: DuBois Chamber of Commerce <dacc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <dacc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

cid:image001.gif@01CA5B91.E577F530

Monday Morning Update Sponsor for December:  Developac, Inc. and its Coldwell Banker Developac Realty Division knows real estate.

With 37 years of experience in the real estate business, we have the expertise to handle all your real estate needs in a professional and efficient manner. From residential brokerage

to commercial/industrial development and everything in between, we are proficient and passionate about providing you professional, knowledgeable and friendly service when

you need it most. Our staff and sales team has combined experience that is unsurpassed in our market.

Coldwell
            Banker Developac

This Week:

Make your reservations NOW for the afternoon Holiday MIXER hosted by KTH Architects on Wednesday, December 7th from 3:30 – 6:00 PM.  Join us for this holiday get-together on Kiwanis Trail.  Call to make your reservation, 371-5010, or email us at dacc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.

This holiday season The Rumbarger Cemetery Preservation Society would like to remember the soldiers that gave the ultimate sacrifice and are to rest in Rumbarger Cemetery.  Our goal is to place approximately 100 wreaths on the graves of those soldiers.  For a donation of $15.00 you may purchase a wreath to be placed on Saturday, December 10th, at Rumbarger Cemetery.  We will need several volunteers for this project so please come and participate if you are able or call 661-4596 for more info.  Please send your check payable to:  Rumbarger Cemetery Preservation Society, P.O. Box 264-534 South Main Street, DuBois, PA  15801. Deadline is Thursday, November 17th, 2011

For more information on the Wreaths Across America Program please go online to http://www.wreathsacrossamerica.org(http://www.wreathsacrossamerica.org/)

Breakfast with Santa – hosted by Penn State DuBois Student Government on Saturday, December 3rd at the Student Union – tickets only $4.00 per person with proceeds benefitting the Make-A-Wish Foundation.

On Saturday, December 3rd at 1:00pm Christian Student Fellowship of Penn State DuBois will be holding baptisms for three Penn State DuBois students. We encourage everyone in the community to attend and show their support as these students take this very special step in faith. The baptisms will be held at the pool of DuBois Area High School. Guests can use the entrance to the pool in the back of the school. If there are any questions, contact Pastor Kyle Gordon at kyle@xxxxxxxxx or 814-590-6519.

This year’s Collectible Ornament is has arrived and are now available at the Chamber office.  Celebrating the ‘new’ Rumbarger Cemetery, this special ornament is one you must have!  Call us at 371-5010 or email us at dacc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx and we’ll put your name on one to hold it for you  – only $10.

Our Chamber member, Centre Publications, is now beginning the preparation of our 2012 Community Profile and Membership Directory.  This is the printed book that goes in all our area hotels, offices, etc. to promote our communities.  We wanted to make you aware that Centre Publications is now selling advertising for this very popular and widely distributed promotion for all our members and our region.

Domtar Inc. will be hosting a Toys for Tots Campaign at their location on Shaffer Road.  For each toy donation to the Domtar office location you will receive a ream of Domtar paper.

The Chamber’s Annual Business Bash is set for Saturday, January 28th at the DuBois Country Club.  We would like to begin promoting our sponsors immediately for their continued support of OUR Chamber and OUR Businesses!  Will You Be A Sponsor?  Here are some choicesBusiness Leader Sponsorship - $1,000 (Includes recognition banner, eight (8) admissions & full page ad in program);  All American Sponsorship - $ 500 (Includes six (6) admissions and half page ad in program);  Flag Sponsorship - $ 350 (Includes four (4) admissions and ¼ page ad in program); Corporate Sponsorship - $ 250 (Includes two (2) admissions and business logo in program)All sponsors will be listed in the Monday Update, Chamber Chatter, Event Program, and the evening of the Business BASH.  We will also have a power point listing all our sponsors the night of the BASH during the networking time.  Individual admission for this year’s spectacular event will remain at $35 per person.  If we may include you in our Business Sponsor List, email dacc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Newly Added Today:

An eclectic group of individuals is featured on the 2012 DuBois Area Historical Society Calendar.  The calendar includes photos of Ann McCrea, Tom Mix, Mother Borgia Egan, Butch Ross, Philip P. Bliss, George Rosenkrans, Lee Gamble, Sam Suplizio, Richard Burfoot, Selma (Bojalad) Ajami, Floyd Boring, Artha Benson “Deacon” Litz, Johnny J. Jones, Col. Maxwell Hetrick, Albert “Sparky” Lyle, Jim Pittsley, Dwite Schaffner, Col. Charles McDonald., Rear Admiral Donald McDonald, Frank Fuller, and Robert “Duke” Osborn.  The connection between them? All were born or raised in the DuBois area and went on to success statewide, nationally, or internationally. A brief biography of each of these individuals is part of each calendar.  The calendar, on sale for $5, makes a great holiday gift and can be purchased at the DuBois Area Historical Society, Kohlhepp’s True Value, Peaceable Kingdom, Rosie’s Book Store, Way Office Supply, Greater DuBois Chamber and Willar’s Market.

Have brunch with Mr. and Mrs. Claus, Sunday the 18th of December, from 11:00-2:00pm at the DuBois Country Club.  Bring your camera for great pics with this great couple.  Make reservations by calling 371-7540.

 ABSOLUTELY FREE $25 Mary’s Place Restaurant & Catering Gift Certificate to all American Express Cardholders!  Hurry, this is the FINAL WEEK for this SPECIAL OFFER!!! It takes less than 2 minutes to register, and they SHIP FREE directly to you – so call Mary’s Place NOW and get yours – 814-938-2962.  This is truly a great offer, don't delay.  Each cardmember is eligible for their own certificate even if you have multiple cardholders on the same billing statement or account!

 Next Week:

An afternoon MIXER to celebrate the holidays – hosted by KTH Architects on Wednesday, December 7th from 3:30 – 6:00 PM.  Join us for this holiday get-together on Kiwanis Trail.  Call to make your reservation, 371-5010, or email us at dacc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.

The Make-A-Wish Foundation will once again be holding their annual Light Up A Child’s Life Campaign. This year’s campaign will be held the week of December 5-9, 2011. They will be broadcasting live each day from 7 am – 4 pm on Sunny 106. Stop in to say hello, make a donation or place a bid on one of the many great auction items.

Visit with SANTA at the DuBois Mall from November 25th to December 23rd.  Hours are Monday - Friday 5:00pm to 8:00pm. Saturday 12:00pm to 4:00pm and 5:00pm to 8:00pm.

Sunday 1:00pm to 4:00pm. Pet Photo Days with Santa are Sunday, December 4th and 11th.

Pancake Breakfast with Mickey and Minnie on Saturday, December 10th beginning at 9:00 AM at the Fourth Ward Hose House on S. Brady St.  Sponsored by the Downtown DuBois Revitalization Group – further questions, call Karen at 371-3064.

 First Step: Starting a Small Business – Workshop each month July through December 2011 designed to give you a head-start with your business.  Topics that will be covered during each session:  What to consider before starting a business; License and tax information; Regulations governing a business; Guidelines on how to finance your business; How and why to prepare a business plan; Other resources you can use to help you plan and succeed.  Sessions will be held Saturdays at DuBois Best Western from 8:30–noon.  The dates of the workshop is December 10.  To register online www.web.clarion.edu/sbdc/training or call toll free at 877-292-1843.

Coming Soon:

 Breakfast with Santa is always a must for the little ones at heart! Remember mom and dad these are times they cherish. Seeing Santa is a memory you will remember forever! Mark this date on your calendar! Breakfast with Santa – Saturday, December 17, 2011 at 9:00am at the Lakeview Lodge!

 First Step: Starting a Small BusinessFREE Workshop each month January through June 2012 designed to give you a head-start with your business.  Topics that will be covered during each session:  What to consider before starting a business; License and tax information; Regulations governing a business; Guidelines on how to finance your business; How and why to prepare a business plan; Other resources you can use to help you plan and succeed.  Sessions will be held Saturdays at DuBois Best Western from 8:30–noon.  The dates of the workshops are January 21, February 18, March 24, April 21, May 19, and June 23, 2012.  To register online www.web.clarion.edu/sbdc/training or call toll free at 877-292-1843.

If you know of someone who may wish to receive the Monday Morning Update, please have them email dacc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.

Have a great Chamber Day!

Nancy

Nancy J. Micks, President/CEO

Greater DuBois Chamber of Commerce & Economic Development

P:  814-371-5010     F:  814-371-5005

dacc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

www.duboispachamber.com