[vicsireland] wmp burning a cd an alternative way

  • From: "Paul Halligan" <tigerone@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <vicsireland@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2008 23:11:23 +0100

BlankWmp step 4 burning a cd another way

Here is an alternative way to burn a cd however this guide is for wmp 9

It would be quite similar for wmp 10 but that at a later date

So for wmp 9

1 Open windows media player

2 Press alt and f for file

3 Press c for copy and then arrow to copy to audio cd

4 A new window opens and jaws says select items to burn

5 Press alt and the letter a

Now let me explain what this window looks like

We have a combo box near the top left

And underneath we have two panes

6 the combo box

This allows you to choose how you want to view the music in your library for
the purpose of burning

This is quite handy because you could choose by genre or album or artist

Don’t worry for the moment the more you do this the better you will get

So

7 press tab until jaws says view media library by

Wait a few seconds because jaws can be a bit slow here

This is the combo box I mentioned

8 for this example we will pick view library by genre

9 now tab twice and jaws will say tree view and if you arrow down you will here
the different genres in your library

Keep going down the list and you will here genres like

Alternative, ambient, classical, easy listening etc depending what cds you
stored on your pc

10 lets say you stop on the big band genre

This is like a folder holding all the big band tracks on your pc so if you
press right arrow you will go into a track listing for the gentre you stopped on

Mess around in this area til you get used to it

11 now

We had picked the view by genre

We stopped on big band genre

We arrowed right into a track list

here is where the other pane I mentioned kicks in

Remember we were looking at two panes like Georgian window panes side by side

In the left on we are arrowing down though the track list

12 for each track you want to burn press enter

I.e. arrow down the list and on each one you want press enter

What is happening here is that tracks you are choosing are being bounced over
to the right hand pane ….and yes you got it this is the stuff that is going to
be burned on the cd

And not an oasis song in sight!

13 When your choice is done about 18 songs per cd tab to ok

14 you will be asked to insert a blank cd and then press alt and c for copy and

That lovely whirring sound begins.

That’s it

It’s a different way but when you get used to it, it can be a little less
messier than the way I posted before because you don’t have to open a load of
album folders and close them all again.

Try it out and happy listening.

Paul h

GIF image