[vicsireland] Re: the way of the future

  • From: "Ciaran Ferry" <Ciaran.Ferry@xxxxxx>
  • To: <vicsireland@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 22 May 2008 15:43:30 +0100

Exactly Tim, or should I say sergeant Culhane!

As long as it looks cool, and sells well, then these tech companies will
run with it.

There needs to be legislation in place to force them to consider the
accessibility of their products, just look at the web as an example. A
few years back there were very few accessible sites, and now we see most
of the public sector ones (at least here in Ireland anyway) making an
effort.

Convincing commercial organisations is the most difficult part though,
all they care about is their balance sheet.

Ciaran