[vicsireland] Re: my poor PC!

  • From: "Stuart Lawler" <stuart.lawler@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <vicsireland@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 24 Nov 2006 21:17:00 -0000

Hi Sabrina,

In terms of backing up information, I guess it really depends on how much
you need to back up.

Usually, people most definitely want the contents of their 'My Documents'
folder, and any other folders on their pc that hold content that they wish
to keep.

As well as that, you might like to backup your email and address book.

If you have access to a flash disk or Pen Drive/Memory Stick, then that's
the best way to go, simply use the copy and paste functions to throw
everything on to the target drive.

If the backup you need to do is a complete system copy though, I'd suggest a
USB Hard drive to do the trick.

If you need more specific instructions, especially regarding backing up
emails, since the steps differ depending on whether you're using Outlook or
Outlook Express, then just shout!

Stuart.