[vicsireland] Re: merging mp3 files.

  • From: "Sandberg, Robert" <robert.sandberg@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <vicsireland@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 8 Nov 2006 17:17:36 +0100

Hi Brian!
Did you burn an audio CD? In Nero you can choose between burning an
audio CD, i.e. one you can play in an ordinary CD player, and a data CD,
which contains formats such as mp3.
So if you have an audio CD, make sure to select all the tracks in the
list box in CDex.
Then press f10 or alt-c for the convert menu and select "extract a
section of the cd".
You'll get a dialog box which you can just tab through and click OK.
That should do the job.

I haven't been using soundForge for very long, so I don't know if
there's an easier way, but the way I do it is this.
Open the file you want to be the first one. Press space to make sure
it's loaded and press space again to stop it.
Open the next file and do the same. Select all with ctrl-a and then copy
with ctrl-c.
Go to the first file and press ctrl-end. Then paste the lot into the
file.
Close the second file and open the third. Repeat until blue in face.

Cheers,
Robbie Sandberg

SAP GSSC Service Preparation Team

T +353 1 467-4177