[vicsireland] Re: irelandvipnews

  • From: Melanie Pelka <melanie.pelka4@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <vicsireland@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2012 09:45:53 +0200

I would like to give a bit more background: A couple of months ago, I sent an
email to Irish Rail complaining about the lack of announcements on the DART. I
received two emails back--one only in Irish which I cannot read and the other
one a rather technical report informing me about some stupid reason why the
announcements don't work. I then brought it up on the other mailinglist as a
new subject to discuss as I thought this would be of interest to everyone. When
I sent a letter to the Irish Times a couple of weeks ago, I again posted this
to the list. Unfortunately, I had to learn that this is something that has been
going on for months and years and that many people with a vision impairment
have already complained to Irish Rail with no success. I then encouraged
everyone to send in a letter like myself to make it a really big thing in the
Irish Times. That's how it all started. We tried to get together to do
something.

I would strongly encourage everyone to join the other list. The things that are
discussed there are of interest to everyone with a vision impairment, I think.

Of course that's only my personal opinion, and when people feel for whatever
reason that they don't want to join, that's of course fine and their choice.

Melanie

Melanie Pelka
13 Domville Grove
Killiney Hill Road