[vicsireland] Re: internet access problem

Yeah. I'd agree with Flor, it sounds like a BT problem, try this
though to make sure you have a connection between the router and your
computer assuming you are connecting via a network connection.
1.  Go to run by pressing windows key then r.
2.  Go to the command prompt by typing the letters cmd then hit enter.
3.  Check you are receiving an IP address by typing ipconfig.  press
enter to execute that command.
4.  If you hear media state disconnected and no lines beginning with I
P then you don't have a connection to your router.
If you hear something like auto-conifgure ip address followed by 69
then again, you don't have a valid connection to your router.

Let me know how you get on with those instructions.  If you want of
course, you could just call BT technical support.  I think their
number is something like 1850 923111.

On 19/06/07, Flor Lynch <florlync@xxxxxx> wrote:
Hi eamonn,

It sounds to me like the problem is at the BT end.

Commissioner please consult our website at www.orac.ie

This footnote also confirms that this email message has been swept  for the
presence of computer viruses.