[vicsireland] Re: configuring Word 2010 to work best with Jaws 13

Hi,

Doesn't look like it.  According to the NVDA website  attempts to develop  a
driver  foundered due to the cost of purchasing licenses  from Nuance. 

I've installed NVDA,  and to be honest  the eSpeak  synth  is truly awful.
The most charitable I can be is to say it sounds like something straight out
of Doctor Who.

Tim


-----Original Message-----
From: vicsireland-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:vicsireland-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Dónal Fitzpatrick
Sent: 24 February 2012 12:10
To: vicsireland@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [vicsireland] Re: configuring Word 2010 to work best with Jaws 13

yeah I think there is an eloquence driver knocking about somewhere.  Amazing
how used one gets to the so-called "inferior" voice isn't it.
On 24 Feb 2012, at 12:07, Tim Culhane wrote:

> Probably worth  looking at.  Does it have a decent  synthesiser?  I'm so
> used to eloquence  I  can't   live  with some of the  Real voices.
> 
> Tim
> 
> 
> -----Original Message-----
> From: vicsireland-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx 
> [mailto:vicsireland-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Dónal 
> Fitzpatrick
> Sent: 24 February 2012 12:04
> To: vicsireland@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Subject: [vicsireland] Re: configuring Word 2010 to work best with 
> Jaws 13
> 
> no switching isn't open to everyone.  Tim I'm hearing very good things 
> about NVDA and word recently.  I've not used it, and I'm sure you 
> don't want to spend time (or probably don't have time) to learn a new 
> screenreader, but I am hearing very very good things indeed.
> 
> Donal
> On 24 Feb 2012, at 12:02, Tim Culhane wrote:
> 
>> Thanks Donal  will try draft view.
>> 
>> Unfortunately, switching away  from Windows isn't an option  in my 
>> situation.
>> 
>> Tim
>> 
>> 
>> -----Original Message-----
>> From: vicsireland-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx 
>> [mailto:vicsireland-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Dónal 
>> Fitzpatrick
>> Sent: 24 February 2012 11:59
>> To: vicsireland@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
>> Subject: [vicsireland] Re: configuring Word 2010 to work best with 
>> Jaws 13
>> 
>> Try view draft tim.  Turd 2010 and jaws 12 were among the main 
>> reasons I stopped using windows.  Incidentally, I'm reliably informed 
>> by sighted friends and colleagues that the ribbon bar is as awful for 
>> them as
> for us.
>> On 24 Feb 2012, at 11:56, Flor Lynch wrote:
>> 
>>> Normal view. (If it exists.)
>>> 
>>> ----- Original Message ----- From: "Tim Culhane" 
>>> <tim.culhane@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>>> To: <vicsireland@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>>> Sent: Friday, February 24, 2012 9:29 AM
>>> Subject: [vicsireland] configuring Word 2010 to work best with Jaws
>>> 13
>>> 
>>> 
>>>> Hi,
>>>> 
>>>> I'm wondering if people have any information on what changes can be 
>>>> made to Word 2010  so that reading documents with Jaws 13  is as 
>>>> comfortable as possible.
>>>> 
>>>> I've already  changed the document view from  print layout to 
>>>> outline layout.
>>>> 
>>>> However,  When arrowing down in a document I keep having problems 
>>>> with Jaws saying blank or nothing at all when moving from one line 
>>>> to the
>> next.
>>>> Arrowing back up and down again usually fixes this, but it is  very 
>>>> annoying to have  to constantly do this.
>>>> 
>>>> Any tips  for  best results with word 2010  much appreciated.
>>>> 
>>>> Note I'm running Jaws and Word on Windows 7.
>>>> 
>>>> Tim
>>>> 
>>>> 
>>>> -------------------------
>>>> Tim Culhane,
>>>> Critical Path Ireland,
>>>> 42-47 Lower Mount Street,
>>>> Dublin 2.
>>>> Direct line: 353-1-2415107
>>>> phone: 353-1-2415000
>>>> 
>>>> Tim.culhane@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>>>> http://www.criticalpath.net
>>>> 
>>>> Critical Path
>>>> a global leader in digital communications
>>>> ------------------------
>>>> 
>>>> 
>>>> 
>>>> 
>>>> ===========================================================
>>>> The vicsireland mailing list
>>>> 
>>>> To unsubscribe at any time send a mail to:
>>>> 
>>>> vicsireland-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
>>>> 
>>>> with the word "unsubscribe", without the quotes in the subject of 
>>>> the
>> message.
>>>> 
>>>> To contact the moderator send mail to:
>>>> 
>>>> tim.j.culhane@xxxxxxxxx
>>>> 
>>>> For mor information on the Visually Impaired Computer Society visit:
>>>> 
>>>> http://www.vicsireland.org
>>>> 
>>> 
>>> ===========================================================
>>> The vicsireland mailing list
>>> 
>>> To unsubscribe at any time send a mail to:
>>> 
>>> vicsireland-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
>>> 
>>> with the word "unsubscribe", without the quotes in the subject of 
>>> the
>> message. 
>>> To contact the moderator send mail to:
>>> 
>>> tim.j.culhane@xxxxxxxxx
>>> 
>>> For mor information on the Visually Impaired Computer Society visit:
>>> 
>>> http://www.vicsireland.org
>> 
>> Dónal Fitzpatrick
>> dfitzpat@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>> 
>> 
>> 
>> ====================
>> The vicsireland mailing list
>> 
>> To unsubscribe at any time send a mail to:
>> 
>> vicsireland-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
>> 
>> with the word "unsubscribe", without the quotes in the subject of the 
>> message.
>> 
>> To contact the moderator send mail to:
>> 
>> tim.j.culhane@xxxxxxxxx
>> 
>> For mor information on the Visually Impaired Computer Society visit:
>> 
>> http://www.vicsireland.org
>> 
>> 
>> ===========================================================
>> The vicsireland mailing list
>> 
>> To unsubscribe at any time send a mail to:
>> 
>> vicsireland-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
>> 
>> with the word "unsubscribe", without the quotes in the subject of the
> message.
>> 
>> To contact the moderator send mail to:
>> 
>> tim.j.culhane@xxxxxxxxx
>> 
>> For mor information on the Visually Impaired Computer Society visit:
>> 
>> http://www.vicsireland.org
> 
> Dónal Fitzpatrick
> dfitzpat@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> 
> 
> 
> ====================
> The vicsireland mailing list
> 
> To unsubscribe at any time send a mail to:
> 
> vicsireland-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> 
> with the word "unsubscribe", without the quotes in the subject of the 
> message.
> 
> To contact the moderator send mail to:
> 
> tim.j.culhane@xxxxxxxxx
> 
> For mor information on the Visually Impaired Computer Society visit:
> 
> http://www.vicsireland.org
> 
> 
> ===========================================================
> The vicsireland mailing list
> 
> To unsubscribe at any time send a mail to:
> 
> vicsireland-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> 
> with the word "unsubscribe", without the quotes in the subject of the
message.
> 
> To contact the moderator send mail to:
> 
> tim.j.culhane@xxxxxxxxx
> 
> For mor information on the Visually Impaired Computer Society visit:
> 
> http://www.vicsireland.org

Dónal Fitzpatrick
dfitzpat@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx



====================
The vicsireland mailing list

To unsubscribe at any time send a mail to:

vicsireland-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

with the word "unsubscribe", without the quotes in the subject of the
message. 

To contact the moderator send mail to:

tim.j.culhane@xxxxxxxxx

For mor information on the Visually Impaired Computer Society visit:

http://www.vicsireland.org


==========================================================The vicsireland 
mailing list

To unsubscribe at any time send a mail to:

vicsireland-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

with the word "unsubscribe", without the quotes in the subject of the message.

To contact the moderator send mail to:

tim.j.culhane@xxxxxxxxx

For mor information on the Visually Impaired Computer Society visit:

http://www.vicsireland.org

Other related posts: