[vicsireland] Re: adobe question

  • From: "Flor Lynch" <florlync@xxxxxx>
  • To: <vicsireland@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 17 Nov 2010 00:17:11 -0000

Vincent,

You mentioned that it is a book. is it a commercial e-book, or one in the public domain? The latter would be fairly straightforward to deal with, using K1000, etc.

However, if it is a commercial e-book: then you will probably need a program like Adobe Digital Edition to deal with it. And that is not very accessible. In such cases, basic accessibility has been superseded. Kurzweil 1000 will ask for a password to open the file, no matter what you do. If those circumstances pertain, a way out is to contact the publisher or the author and ask for an accessible copy - particularly if you paid for the book. that, or a return of your money.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Vincent stack" <vts@xxxxxxxxxx>