[vicsireland] Re: Vics training day

  • From: "Karen Ashe" <karen.ashe@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: vicsireland@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2006 14:20:54 +0100

Ed - no problem.  The SpamFighter program was a bit fiddly to install - it
even crashed one or two programs, including Outlook Express - but settled
down after a couple of hours.  Other than that it is grand, works really
well now in terms of system running and anti-spam.  Good luck against the
spam.

Flor - each to their own.  In my view, there are several advantages to
Firefox (easy-access RSS feeds, download manager ((IE7 still hasn't done
these properly)), a number of security issues), but then I'm lucky in that I
have no need for a screen reader so don't have to worry about its
compatibility in this regard.

Tony - thanks mate!  Actually tried to send my first post through a few
weeks ago, re: Tony Sweeney's audiobook MP3 player query, but it messed up
in the end so sent it to him directly.  Anyhow, quite right re: 11th
November - don't worry about the 18th, in fact when I thought about it the
week before works out better as the weekend of the 18th is the Belfast Beer
Festival and I can't have a big meal conflicting with that!  Will send more
details through to you and the rest of the crowd soon.  Hope you're keeping
well, and looking forward to seeing you soon.

Best

Kaz