[vicsireland] Re: Skype Query

  • From: eoconnor@xxxxxxx
  • To: vicsireland@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 27 Jun 2008 10:19:36 +0100

Hi Tony,

 You can get to your volume control settings (including the microphone,)
as follows:

Start,
run,
Then type:
Sndvol32   and press the enter key.

This dialogue box has 3 elements, consisting of:

Balance controls, volume controls and mute checkboxes.

Depending on your setup, youâ??ll  find each of these elements for such
things as:

Volume, wave, microphone, synth,CD,  line in, etc.

Use the tab and shift tab combinations to move  through and back through
the various controls.

The mute checkboxes, can be adjusted with the spacebar â?? you  should be
told the status of the checkbox.

You can perform additional functions by pressing the alt key, which brings
up a very simple menu, consisting of properties and exit.     Itâ??s worth
exploring  properties, wich is divided into playback and recording tabs.

NOTE:  the recording properties tab, also has an advanced button, which
allows you to boost your microphone sensitivity â?? I find this essential
for Skype.

You can use the jaws key plus f1 to gain jaws help, or simply f1 for
windows help in any of the  controls described.

Finally: you can test your Skype settings by typing:
echo 123 followed by the enter key, and listening to the resulting
message.

Hope this helps.

Eamonn

"Tony Sweeney" <tonysweeney1@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: vicsireland-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
26/06/2008 18:38
Please respond to vicsireland

        To:     "vics" <vicsireland@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
        cc:
        Subject:        [vicsireland] Skype Query

Hi All,

I have today installed Skype and I am fairing not too bad with it!

I have however appeared unintentionally to have muted my external
microphone!

I can work with the internal one but the sounds can be a bit wowy!

Could someone  please let me know how to unmute the microphone?

Thanks,

Tony.

This communication is intended solely for the person or entity to which it is
addressed and may
contain privileged and/or other confidential information.  If you are not the
intended recipient,
or believe that you have received this communication in error, please do not
print, copy,
retransmit, disclose, distribute, disseminate or otherwise use the information.
Also, please indicate to the sender that you have received this email message
in error,
and delete the copy you have received.

For more information on the Office of the Refugee Applications
Commissioner please consult our website at www.orac.ie

This footnote also confirms that this email message has been swept  for the
presence of computer viruses.