[vicsireland] Re: Pattern matching with Regular Expressions

  • From: "Cearbhall O'Meadhra" <omeadhrac@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <vicsireland@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 3 Jul 2012 09:27:15 +0100

Dear All,

I came across this technique that looks very useful to a project that I am
working on and which I thought might be of use to other members of VICS.

In my project, I need to insert speech tags in parts of an entire book
without making any changes to the original text. I can do this by using a
"Regular Expression".

Regular expressions are basically a pattern matching language.  If you can
describe a pattern of text to look for, you can almost always form the
pattern as a regular expression.  There is a pretty good tutorial at
http://www.regular-expressions.info/ if you want to learn more.

I am delighted to find that this web site is very easy to read with a screen

All the best,

T: +353 (0)1 6364364 m: 08333 23487 E: omeadhrac@xxxxxxx

The vicsireland mailing list

To contact the moderator send mail to: