[vicsireland] Re: Panasonic Viera smart TV with Voice guidance.

  • From: Ciaran Ferry <Ciaran.Ferry@xxxxxx>
  • To: "'vicsireland@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <vicsireland@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2012 08:57:51 +0000

Gerry,

Unfortunately the RTE channels aren't available on Freesat. The RTE feeds come
from the same satellites as the versions on Sky, so they're encrypted.

  To get accessible both Freesat and Saorview / Saorsat you'd need 2 separate
boxes as far as I know. A Panasonic Freesat TV with voice guidance for Freesat,
and an accessible set-top-box for Saorview. I doubt very much that Panasonic
will produce a TV set with both platforms, but you may wish to do some research
to verify this.

As per the Youtube video Joan Ann posted - it appears that the only menu which
works with voice guidance on the Panasonic TVs is the TV guide / EPG. Speech
isn't provided in any of the set-up menus, which I expect would rule out
accessible PVR functionality (if it's included in the specifications at all).
Again have a look at the various specs to verify this.

Have a look at

You may find this forum on boards.ie useful - it contains a truck load of
information on Saorview / Freesat.
http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=56

Hope this helps,

Ciaran