[vicsireland] Re: New VICS website launched.

  • From: "noreenmeagher" <noreenmeagher@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <vicsireland@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 21 Nov 2009 19:48:35 -0000

Hi Darragh,

Great news and well done to all concerned. What a pity the open day had
to be cancelled due to weather, however listening to the rain & wind
outside it is just as well none of us travelled to Galway .

Noreen M.

site at www.vicsireland.org

This site builds on the excellent work done before by Natasha Miskella
and continues with the same aims to ensure the site is visually
attractive while maintaining a high standard of accessibility.

The site features some of the following improvements:

A new members only area where members of VICS can access content not
available to unregistered members of the public such as training and
info-vics.

The training section has been updated to include audio based guides
also.

A new InfoVics podcast. This will allow you to subscribe to InfoVics
through iTunes or any other podcatcher to bring it with you on the road.

What we believe is the most comprehensive source of links to external
websites relating to visual impairments, technology, service providers
and educational material available in Ireland. Thanks to Joananne for
being the main driver behind this.

The Vics blog. This is something that will grow in the coming months. It
will be contributed to by guest bloggers as well as members of the
committee with updates and more.

Follow vicsireland on twitter to get notified of updates, events and
Vics news. The Twitter feed for VicsIreland is also on the new website.
You can visit the Vics page on twitter at www.twitter.com/vicsireland
Note, this will not take the place of notifications via the mailing
list. It is hoped that it will serve to promote the Vics name.

An entirely new design. This includes high contrast and large print
options for those of you who require such alterations.

In the next while, all Vics members will receive an automated email from
the new Vics website with your username and password. Simply visit
www.vicsireland.org and use the log in form to sign in as a member. You
will then be given access to the restricted areas of the website. When I
am sure these messages have been sent out I will write to the list
again.

Extensive testing has been done by a number of Vics members, the
committee and other external individuals and I am very hopeful that no
problems will be encountered however, I invite anyone to email me at
Darragh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx or call me at 0877670464 if you have any
questions, comments or problems.

I'd like to thank everyone who assisted with testing, Nicky who
travelled to Drogheda to work on audio for the site and everyone on the
committee for their hours of testing and many suggestions.

Darragh Ó Héiligh

www.digitaldarragh.com and www.lalrecordings.com

message.

  _____