[vicsireland] Kapsys Kapten is here!

  • From: Sandy Tomkins <sandratomkins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: vicsireland <vicsireland@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 16 Sep 2009 20:58:31 +0100

Hallo the Vics list,

    I just wanted to update the list re the Kapten which we talked
about a few weeks ago. In the interest of time (which is short) and my
dwindling number of tiny, gray, cells, I am sending what I originally
wrote to the Guide Dog list, so sorry for the doggy allusions.

Hi to all you techno geeks!

    If anyone remembers my mentioning the Kapsys Kapten a screenless
GPS system aimed at pedestrians and bikers which works by voice
command and recognition: it has arrived in English and is now
available!

    I am told, as it is the UK version, it comes with English,
Scottish, Welsh and, wait for it, Northern Ireland maps. Aha! I hear
you mumble, sottovoce, “fat lot of use that is then!” But I am assured
we can install maps for Ireland at not too great an expense!

    I am putting my order in tomorrow and hope to be able to report
back on same within the next few weeks. That is, I shall be telling
you all, especially Nicky and Darragh, just how Chad is working with
it and if it can understand his woof!

    If anyone is interested (but please don’t go by me by way of
recommendation as I haven’t tried it yet and I have been wrong
before!) I have snipped this from their communication:

please forward your enquiries to our sales team on 01438 842362.

That would be with 0044 and drop the first 0 of the number.

    Happy jaunting! Sandy.