[vicsireland] Re: JAWS 8.0 & Office 2003

  • From: "Flor Lynch" <florlync@xxxxxx>
  • To: <vicsireland@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 13 Jan 2008 21:36:39 -0000

Hi Ronan,

I've changed the subject line to reflect the current topic.  If you upgrade
JAWS now, the saleable version is now past JAWS8 and is JAWS9.  However, if
you already have JAWS8 sitting around, why not try it?  (My sense is that
focus issues, with office programs and more generally, were improved in
JAWS8 over JAWS7 - a little less sluggishness, to be sure.(  And they do say
in the JAWS9 What's new section that support for office 2007 has improved
greatly, and indicate also that support for office 2003 and office XP
(2002), has been improved.  I've never really had a problem with JAWS in
office XP - barring Microsoft Publisher which doesn't work accessibly, in
the small business edition.