[vicsireland] JAWS 8 and Templates.

  • From: "Damien O'Connor" <damienmoconnor@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "vics Ireland" <vicsireland@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2008 10:23:44 -0000

Hello everyone.

I wonder if anyone can help. I've sent this query to the jaws light user group
and had no response so thought I'd try vics members. Please accept my apologies
if this isn't the kind of thing vics Ireland is for but, I'm getting desperate.

This isn't really a specific question, so, I apologise in advance if I'm
sounding vague.

I'm currently working through a desktop publishing module on my computer course
and am trying to use JAWS 8 with templates downloaded from the Microsoft
website into ms word 2007. Once downloaded in order to enter information I have
to click into place views on each template. and then enter specific information.
However, Jaws doesn't read the downloaded template and I can't seem to access
the areas of the template that require information. Has anyone had any
experience
of using jaws and templates downloaded from the Microsoft website and if so,
can anyone advise me on the best way forward.

Thanks in advance.

Damien O'Connor.