[vicsireland] FW: [TechshareNews] Techshare News - Call for Papers Reminder

  • From: "Plumpton, Steve [BTCS]" <Steve.Plumpton@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: undisclosed-recipients:;
  • Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2007 09:21:05 +0100

Warning: Because the lists I am sending this newsletter to do not accept
attachments, the attachments mentioned below have been removed.  They
can be downloaded from www.rnib.org.uk/techshare

+++Techshare News - Call for Papers Reminder

++There are 7 working days left until the Call for Papers closes! Have
you submitted yours? Will you be among the speakers at the first
pan-disability Techshare conference?

+Techshare 2007 will be held: 4 - 5 October at Novotel London West
(Hammersmith), London, UK.

The Techshare 2007 conference is an international event for
professionals who are interested in technology and the role it plays in
learning, work and society for people with disabilities.  This year the
conference is organised by RNIB in partnership with other leading
disability organisations, and we are looking for presentations that
contribute to the conference content covering a variety of disabilities.

We are also delighted to announce that Techshare 2007 will include the
DAISY International Conference and are therefore interested in
presentations that relate to this leading standard for digital talking
books.

Presentations should relate to technology but not necessarily be
technical in content and should be relevant to the use of technology in
work, learning or everyday life.

We are looking for insight into leading edge technology research and
development, as well as presentations around technology specifically
relating to disability and case studies highlighting the use of
technology. We hope to offer delegates a range of technical depth to
match their experience, to interest those without significant knowledge
of disability technology, as well as the experts in the field.

+ Submit your paper now by completing the word or plain text document
attached to this email and sending it to: techshare@xxxxxxxxxxx

+ Closing date for submissions: 1 July 2007
+ Decisions will be notified to the main presenters by 3 August 2007

If you have any questions about presenting at Techshare or submitting
your paper, please contact the Techshare Team.
Further information about the conference and the call for papers can
also be found online at: http://www.rnib.org.uk/techshare

Telephone: +44 (0)121 665 4240
Email: techshare@xxxxxxxxxxx
Web: www.rnib.org.uk/techshare

Best wishes
The Techshare Team

+Small print
If someone has forwarded you this email and you would like one of your
own, simply email techshare@xxxxxxxxxxx with "subscribe" in the subject
line and you can get sneak previews of all the Techshare news too!

We hope that you are finding these emails interesting and informative.
However if your interests have changed and you wish to unsubscribe from
this list, simply reply to this email with "unsubscribe" in the subject
line and we will remove you within seven days.

--
DISCLAIMER:

and any attachments from your system.

those of RNIB.