[vicsireland] Re: Dragon Dictate Etc

  • From: eoconnor@xxxxxxx
  • To: vicsireland@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2007 11:13:58 +0100

Hi Paul,

I think I heard the Main Menu item from brian hartgen.

In any case, i have a feeling that Dragon Naturally Speaking and JSay,
have a combined price of around STG£900.    I may not be exact on the
cost, but I remember thinking that it wasn't cheap!

a lot of money in order to give your fingers a rest!

Regards,

Eamonn

"Flor Lynch" <florlync@xxxxxx>
Sent by: vicsireland-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
13/06/2007 21:23
Please respond to vicsireland

        To:     <vicsireland@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
        cc:
        Subject:        [vicsireland] Re: Dragon Dictate Etc

Hi paul,

The program is now called Dragon naturally Speaking.  Brian [Hartgen] says
that, using it in conjunction with JSay, he can operate the computer
faster
with speech than he can using the keyboard - and he is a good typist, have
no doubt.  He also demo'd it in main Menu, the ACB Radio technology
program,
so it's in the main menu archives there also.  It now requires only a few
minutes' training in voice recognition, and accuracy rates are high.

Commissioner please consult our website at www.orac.ie

This footnote also confirms that this email message has been swept  for the
presence of computer viruses.