[vicsireland] Re: DVD Player

  • From: "Maureen Newelll" <mcnewell@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <vicsireland@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 7 Jan 2008 14:25:36 -0000

A combination of things, Flor, between talking to people, downloading a
freeware DVD product  and changing settings.

After speaking with Gus, I downloaded a DVD freeware product and it prompted
me that the Regional settings were wrong.  Then after great work, Paul gave
me the pathway to change the Regional settings.  I took off the freeware
product but I still could get no joy with Windows media player or Real
player.I then got someone with sight to have a look and he told me that the
picture element was working but we could not get sound.   Windows media was
not recognising the DVD. The DVD however did work in his laptop. I
reinstalled the freeware product and now I could get music but no voice, so
after speaking to someone else I discovered that one needs to enter twice or
three times to activate the voice. This I did and "bingo". Hope you can
understand this mail.

Maureen.