[vicsireland] Re: Audio books from South Dublin Libraries

  • From: "Tim Culhane" <tim.culhane@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <vicsireland@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 4 Dec 2007 11:48:15 -0000

Hi,

You  can contact Siobhán Birmingham  in sout dublin Libraries  and  she'll
sort out a library number for you.

her  email address is:

sbirmingham@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

As robbie  says,  these books  won't work  with Rockbox,   since rockbox
does not supportWMA files, and also  will not play books   using DRM
(digital rights management) software.   It is DRM which  prevents you
copying the audio files and playing them on any device you like.

One possible way around this is to use the original firmware with your
player  when listening to the audio books  you get  from south Dublin
library,  but you'll have to do it  without the help  of rockbox.

Personally  for me,  this seems like a bit too much hassle.

Tim