[vicsireland] Re: Aer Lingus Website

  • From: "Gerry Ellis" <gerry.ellis@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <vicsireland@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 8 Mar 2011 22:28:47 -0000

Hi,

I was in contact with the "Fix The Web" initiative in relation to the Aer
Lingus site. The response that came back from Aer Lingus was, as Esmund
suggests, use the "Book Now" link. This works very well, but still leaves a
lot of problems:

1. The ssite gives no indication of this requirement, so if you don't know
to use that link you are sunk. Is there any other secret information that is
required later in the process such as, for instance, online check-in?

2. Having to use a separate part of the site from everyone else is like
asking a wheelchair user to go through the side alley and the kitchens
instead of through the front door.

3. There are several other accessibility issues such as inappropriate alt
text. See, for instance, the two links just below the "Book Now" link which
both have alt text of "Graphic".

None of these are acceptable.

I fed this back via "Fix The Web", but have heard nothing back since then.

Mind you, if you think that site is bad, have you tried the Lidl one:
www.lidl.ie

Take care,

Gerry

If you don't know where your're going,