[vicsireland] Re: Aer Lingus Website

  • From: NicholasKealy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: vicsireland@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 8 Mar 2011 14:15:29 +0000

Hi Emer, as far as I am aware there is a link provided to the old booking
form on the website.  I think at the present that the attitude of Aerlingus
is unhelpful and I do not think that we are going to see a resolve to this
problem very soon.  If they were charging you extra to book over the phone
and they have removed the old booking form then I think that under both
equality legislation and also under consumer legislation I would imagine
for not giving you a suitable alternative and for refusing to give you the
same rights as any other consumer and with regards to the equality
authority it could be seen as discrimination on the grounds of your
disability in that you are not able to access their site and they are not
giving you equal treatment.

Cheers, Nicky.

Nicholas Kealy
Information Unit