(VICT) Zair - one week.

  • From: Infinitepaws@xxxxxxx
  • To: vi-clicker-trainers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 25 May 2008 22:21:19 EDT

yesterday afternoon we went out and worked on sit, come, settle, nose touch,
paw touch and get dressed cues.. as well as object targeting.. I was pretty
impressed! It seems that varying the cues and behaviors solidified their
meanings in his mind.. we only worked about 10 minutes.. enough for him to eat
about 200 tiny treats.. Wow, I think he is getting it! We also introduced the
Under cue.
Later I asked friends to come over and play the come game with him.. he was
at first a little concerned about Wayne.. I had wayne sit down and he actually
 gave twice as many cues and treats.. it worked well.. Zair needs socializing
 with more men.. He stressed twice and left the game but was fairly easy to
get  back. He was able to work on all the new cues from the morning .. we ended
on a  good note with jackpots.. I was pretty proud of him.. working with the
distraction of new people was very good.. He is building his attention and
watch  time spans too. For having him only one week he did awesome.
Current cues:
Sit,Come, Settle, Nosetouch, Pawtouch, Get dressed, Under, Leave it.
Most are about 60 percent in calm environment, with one cue.

Sandy Foushee
Infinite Paws-Abilities Training and Service  Dogs
Teamed with Alexandra Guide/Service Dog
Colorado Service/Assistance  Dog Club - Trainer.-
_http://journals.aol.com/infinitepaws/zairs-journey/_
(http://journals.aol.com/infinitepaws/zairs-journey/)

Tyler Florence" on AOL Food.