(VICT) Thane Retrieved!

  • From: "Karyn and Thane" <bcpaws4me@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Vi-clicker" <vi-clicker-trainers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 28 Dec 2008 21:28:52 -0800

I just had to share this before going to bed! Tonight (December 28) at 9PM
Thane retrieved a dumbell from the floor! The same plastic
dumbell that just a couple weeks ago he wanted to treat like a boney!
I was like whooping and hollering probably loud enough to wake the dead-
sorry neighbors but really after more than 2 weeks in this apartment due to
weather they can handle a tad of noise right LOL
We have work to do still of course. There are still some items we are only
at hold stage on- different textures of things but still this is just big!
For those curious how we bridged this gap- it was thanks to a fellow lister
on another list
who connected me with a trainer friend of hers who encouraged me to start at
Thane's head level to work on this stage also with the item placed on a
chair. Once I knew he got this part. I then just to see sat it on my
footplate and he got it. I was like woah! Then I was OK lets check the
ground as its just a few more inches and lo and behold he picked it up,
raised his head up, faced me and held it until his head was over my hand and
waited for me to say give. I was like just so on cloud 9!
We have had a horrible ordeal dealing with being homebound for over 2 weeks
thanks to Jack Frost who mistook our pacific northwest for the Northpole!
This news it is just BIG with all capital letters!

Karyn and Thane