(VICT) Re: escallator travel

  • From: "Diane & Raven" <dlshotwell2@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <vi-clicker-trainers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 22 Jul 2007 16:25:44 -0400

I am so sorry to hear about the traumatic experience for both of  you.  I hope
the injury heals well.
You asked about assistance dogs and escalators.  I can only speak for my self
and I do not recommend their use to partnerships and when I was walking I did
not use them when with my assistance dog.

I am now in a power chair and it would be a very bumpy ride...smile.

I always feared gear, or fur getting caught or even a nail.
I also had heard so many horror stories such as yours and worse.

I also know that there those partnerships who use them without incident.

Best Wishes & Wags,
Diane & Raven
APDT#72225
http://AssistanceDogJournal.net
"My Assistance Dog is not my whole life, but she makes my life whole"
~D.L.Shotwell
"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened."
~Anatole France

All posts are considered copyrighted by the author. You must get
permission from the poster before forwarding.