(VICT) Re: We Are Losing the Battle

  • From: "AnnaLisa Anderson" <annalisa@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <vi-clicker-trainers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 8 Sep 2007 13:14:26 -0500

Hi Karen,

I just want to say how sorry I am that this is happening with Met.  I
haven't been on this list very long, but long enough to know you have put
your heart and soul into your boy and have gotten him through some really
hard stuff, things that most people would have just said enough and given
up.  I can't begin to understand what you're going through, though I have
been there too.  About a year and a half ago, I had a cat who died of
cancer.  It started in her lung and spread to her spine, so she ended up
being a paraplegic kitty for her last 6 months or so, which meant I had to
express her bladder for her twice a day.  And that pales in comparison to
what you've done for Met.  I finally had her put to sleep when it was
obvious that it was her time.  Not an easy thing.

It's amazing to me that Met has worked as long and as well as he has with
all his medical problems.  Again, I'm so sorry this is happening, and you
have my heartfelt sympathy.  I hope you can take comfort in the fact that
you did everything you possibly could for him, way above and beyond the
call, just for love of him.  Try not to beat yourself up over whether or not
it was his food.  It may be that it is just his time.  I hope this doesn't
sound trite; I don't mean it to.

Hugs from me and special golden snuggles and kisses from Sunny.

AnnaLisa and Sundance

Checked by AVG Free Edition.
PM