(VICT) Re: More on handle harnesses

  • From: "Julie J." <jlcrane@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <vi-clicker-trainers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2007 08:34:26 -0500

Valerie,

About that V shaped handle... does it attach to the harness at just one
place? instead of two like the typical handle?  It seems like that would be
incredibly wobbly.  I've seen harnesses and handles like that for sighted
people to walk their unruly dogs.

I use a 14 inch handle, but it attaches on the top of the shoulder, like the
British style.  The handle grip comes to her hips when lying flat on her
back.

I think handle style and length depends on how tall the person is, how tall
the dog is, how fast their pace is, where the person likes to work in
relation to their dog, how comfortable the handle is to hold  and how much
information the handle transmits to the handler.  All those variables lead
to a lot of choices in handles. *smile*

Julie
http://www.livingblind.com/eml
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and
those who matter don't mind.

Dr. Seuss