(VICT) Re: More on handle harnesses

  • From: "Valerie" <rosetta@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <vi-clicker-trainers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2007 22:13:50 +0930

Hi Shelley, the handle length I have at present is 24 inches, I'm 5ft 6". If
the handle lies flat on his back in the down position, the handle end where
you grasp will be just past where his tail begins, so that's the walking
spot for me when working with him. Another school requires that the handler
walk up near the front shoulder position.
We just saw another type harness handle, Europe, I think. There was a short
piece  on TV this evening, and this handle was more a v shaped handle that
pivoted at the v point, attaching to the harness between the dog's
shoulders. The handle  seemed so free moving and rather strange. I'm still
trying to work out how it would feel being so flexible in movement from side
to side.
Regards Valerie