(VICT) Re: I got my dog to come using the clicker

Forgive me, I forget if your dog is already trained or if you are training
now. Are you just trying to add more precision while getting used to clicker
training?
What I did with Thane though was I worked on just one aspect at a time so
that one was trained already and the other was where the click and treat
came in.
I broke it down into portions working with sits and downs first once those
were understood I added come but in its own training session separate from
the sit. When everything was solid by itself only then did I ask for the
second command (which in your instance is the sit) together. By this time he
was ready to combine the two aspects- come and sit chained together for one
click and the treat. Take things slowly. Its much better for them to be
really solid on each individual task first than to back up and start all
over later.

Karyn