(VICT) Re: Clyde [was Learning from Thane]

  • From: "Ridge Euler" <Ridge_E@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <vi-clicker-trainers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 9 Oct 2008 11:59:44 -0500

hi Karyn,  I removed the handle and it was better but I think what happened was
I  normally put his harness on before we take our walk in the morning and that
day I didn't put it on till after he ate his breakfast.  he was laying on the
couch and he thought that we were going to stay in......he went to daycare the
day before and I had a couple of Dr. appointments.  I think he was tired.  I
made sure his harness/vest was fitting him ok but today I took off the handle.
I didn't put it back on till we were ready to leave.  I should take it off now
that we have some down time.  there I took it off now.  he doesn't seem to act
any different.
I normally put the whole harness on and he usually doesn't have a problem with
it.  it might just be the longer handle.  it does lay and attach a little
different.  it does lay more farther back on his back so it might just be a
matter of him getting used to it.  he walks fine with the handle on not like he
does with a standard guide harness on.  he doesn't even want to take a step
with the standard guide harness.

I ordered one of those tugs with the opening for treats.  I am hoping that he
and I will be able to use it as a tool for retrieve.  where I go for lunch they
keep treats for Clyde behind the bar.  one person that works there will put a
treat in a baggie and give the baggie to Clyde and he will bring it to me to
give him the treat out of it.  I hope this will help him to learn retrieve.

Ridge and Clyde