(VICT) Re: Buckley being aggressive......

  • From: "Ridge Euler" <ridge_e@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <vi-clicker-trainers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2007 09:07:55 -0500

hello Ann,  Buckley I think was trained with both correction and positive
training methods.  he was not introduced to clickers until I got him.  the
trainer from the program is coming again on Wednesday.  we are going to the
mall to work on things.  I think it is me that is doing it to the dogs Wyatt
was the same way and Keagan before him.  after they become over 2 years old I
think I am to passive and let them take the lead.  so they feel threatened and
think they need to protect both of us because I wont do it or they see me as I
cant.  part also I think has to do with the amount of exercise.  I take him to
day care two to three times a week.  he plays hard there.  and on those days he
seems better.  I cant walk far because of the MS so we don't go on long walks
(I am waiting for my power chair).   the program wont let me take him off leash
to play only in a fenced area.  I cant get to the dog park I need someone to
drive us there.  the bus doesn't go out that far. he seems to be better when I
am in my wheelchair.  I don't know why this is.  thanks for all the advice,
Ridge and Buckley Guide/SD